Access at RDHM for people with disabilities
Please tell our staff if you have a physical need so that they can make your visit to the Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne easier.
Access for people with disabilities includes:
- Lifts to all floors of the hospital.
- Accessible toilets on the ground level and levels 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 of RDHM.
- A direct dial taxi phone (freecall) on the ground floor of the RDHM opposite the lifts.
- A text telephone (TTY) on the ground floor of the RDHM opposite the lifts.
- An accredited Changing Places toilet on the ground floor. It is available for hospital visitors and the general public.
Where to get help?
We have an Information Desk on the ground floor just inside the Main Entrance of RDHM. Our staff can assist you with any questions you may have.
Where is an information counter that has an accessible writing desk?
Patient reception counters on all levels are at seated (wheelchair) height.
Accessible parking and wheelchair access?
Four disabled parking spaces and a wheelchair ramp are on Lynch Street. Lynch Street is a one-way lane off Cardigan Street.
Please note: Gates that provide access to Lynch Street are open weekdays between 6:30am and 6:00pm. The gates are closed at all other times including weekends and public holidays.
Disabled parking bays are on Cardigan Street and on Swanston Street, north of Grattan Street.
Two five-minute drop off spaces are on Swanston Street, near the entrance to the hospital.
Can I get information about your services in formats such as electronic, large print or Braille?
If you would like information provided in a preferred format, please email Quality@dhsv.org.au.